Some questions for you first
- Are you anything like me and have been weight challenged most of your life with no great appetite for exercise but one for indulging in life’s pleasures that most certainly have altered your body shape?
- Do you want to look at yourself in a mirror every day and honestly say to yourself “I love the image that is looking back at me”?
- Is your body image and weight a concern for you now in your everyday life, or will it be a concern for you in 1/5/10 years from now?
- Let’s imagine that you, your body is “the perfect car”! Are you wanting to get behind the steering wheel and take control of how you drive, the bends and paces you put it through, how you stop and start, what fuel you choose to put in the gas tank, when you fuel up and by how much you fuel up, and how well you have been motoring along?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then let me share a portion of my journey as a practicing hypnotherapist and while gaining my certification in Advanced Clinical Hypnosis.
My journey so far
I became my own guinea pig and began practicing self-hypnosis together with asking my Hypnotherapy college buddies to practice different techniques on me around foods I love that were unhealthy and not good for me, exercise that I didn’t love doing, eating behaviors that I’d learnt from a young age, emotional blocks from being called cruel names as a child/teenager, like “ten tonne Tessie” and ” the last of the round people”. Seriously, you might not think it a big deal, but I can assure you this intentional or unintentional taunting from other kids and adults alike left me with a block that no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t quite jump all the way over it. Many times I was sitting on top of the block with my legs dangling down over the other side, but mostly I slipped and fell off the block into what became a cycle of weight loss/weight gain for me, since I first began primary school. Why did this happen? Because my ego and fear kept my mind in control, telling me oh just one more sweet biscuit won’t hurt or hearing the loving words of my parents “eat everything on your plate – remember the starving children of Africa” or taking on board the opinions of others when I’ve started yet another WL program “seen you do this before, don’t know why you bother”and so I stopped listening to my unconscious mind/my higher self or more commonly known as my subconscious mind, which did in fact know what was and still is best for me!
I too have tried every weight loss program known to mankind, and across the years had success too in losing the weight, but ultimately put it all back on again and at times more. Plus multiple exercise regimes that I just didn’t enjoy. As much as I love the woman I have become from the inside out, I made the choice to take this chance and opportunity to change some life long behaviors & challenges that has kept the weight ongoing. It was time for a change at age 53 to seek out a sexy and slimmer size 16 me, feeling lighter, fitter and healthier. This is my goal!
So my journey continues. I have been up to a larger than life size 28 weighing in at 146.5kgs many years ago now and vowed I would never return there and so I haven’t but definitely got close a couple of times. This current journey began as a size 24 in January 2015 (see photo left).
I am now wearing size 18/20 after 19.5kgs lost and day by day, cm by cm getting closer to my goal of size 16, as I follow my very own winning weight loss combination program. This may not end up being my ultimate goal, but for this portion of my journey it is my first goal and amazingly enough I am loving the already new me look, together with the incredible relationship changes I have made with food and exercise.
What’s included in my program
- 4 x weekly weight loss hypnotherapy sessions
- each session recorded for download via email link for ongoing home support
- weight, measurement and goal plan chart for easy visual of your progress
- food, drink and exercise journal for recording your triggers/changes and choices to a healthy lifestyle
- 1 x Oxy Break breathing exercise program CD containing information & breathing techniques, 20 exercises and a 15 minute demonstration workout by Anastasia Grigoryeva of Vision4Lifepro.co.nz
- Additional supportive fact sheets & information – Healthy Eating Plate from Harvard Health Publications & recommended Healthy Snacks supporting your healthier lifestyle choices
What you need to know and do
- check out Body+Soul’s take on why/how hypnotherapy for weight loss works
- 1st session (allow up to 2hrs) + 3 weekly sessions (allow 1-1.5hrs). This is the first part of your commitment to my hypnotherapy for weight loss, weight management and a lifetime of healthy choice changes to your current lifestyle
- 15 min Oxy Break breathing and gentle exercise workout, which supports you significantly with your weight loss goal when choosing it as part of your daily exercise routine
- commit to eating only when you’re hungry, listen to your body and eat what you crave, stop when you’re full, eat slowly and enjoy every mouthful, move your body everyday doing something that you love to do, and
- listen to each weeks recorded session every day while on the program and continue to do so anytime thereafter if you need some backup
If you want to know more about what I do and how this works to get you into the right head space to change the reflection looking back at you, just:
- Contact Me, or
- Book an appointment
- All sessions can be done in person or via Skype @ ThereseElizabeth!
So what are you waiting for? Come and join me on my own personal weight loss journey and let’s be on the “high road to success” together, today!
PS. It took me over 40 years to create this body, so my changes aren’t going to happen overnight, but one thing I do believe is that they will happen!